My top 5 bucket list destinations:
- Cinque Terra (Italy)- Also known as ‘the 5 cities’ is a world renown, and heritage listed seaside city. Gorgeous buildings mark its pristine coastline; it is truly one of the most picturesque locations in the world. The Sentiero Azzurro Cliffside hiking trail links the villages and offers sweeping sea vistas, just remember to bring good quality walking shoes. The 5 cities are: Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggiore.
- Zakynthos (Ionian Islands, Greece)- When I think of the Greek islands I think of picturesque beauty, crystal clear waters, unique architecture, and food! After looking into the Greek Islands, although all immensely stunning and beautiful, Zakynthos in particular, stole my heart. “Perfect white sands, turquoise waters, and sheer limestone cliffs” (Travel ideas, 2016). Hosting the Blue caves, fertile valleys, and sunning flora, why would you not want to travel here?
- Barcelona (Spain)- Who doesn’t go weak at the knees when you hear Spain? just me? OK…. Barcelona has fascinated me for years! It hosts incredible architecture, colour, culture, and history, not only being home to one of the best soccer teams in the world! So many attractions are placed throughout the city however what Barcelona is perhaps most famous for is its bounteous nightlife. From tapas to fine dining, there’s something for everyone! I think I better pack my bags!
- Dubrovnik (Croatia)- I’ll admit, Croatia never took my fancy until my friend forced an article about it under my nose, and let’s just say; the rest is history! This seafood central and Mt Srdj boasting city taunts the cliffs and makes for a great start to explore the Balkans. Its laidback atmosphere is inviting to any tourist, including me!
- Rio de Janero (Brazil)- The atmosphere, the vibrancy, the colour, the feathers, the music, the people! That’s what comes to mind when I think of Rio! The world fell in love with Rio during the Olympic games last year, and why wouldn’t we? For years it got a bad rap but to travel you need an open mind and Rio certainly allows for that, tantalizing all of your senses. It is literally the world’s largest outdoor gallery! While I am not talented at art at all, the gorgeousness of this picturesque Pinterest city is awe inspiring!
What’s your top 5 Bucket list destinations??! Have you visited any of these places??
Peace out, Hippie!